Monday, April 20, 2009

The Wedding Guests




















My friend and an amazing artist, Mary Jo McConnell, (mjmcconnellart@gmail.com) gave me 3 different antique bed posts that she picked up for me an Estate Sale. From the moment I saw these three, each with their own unique shape and original post I knew that I would not split them up. 

I created  "The Wedding Party" is a gather of quests who are awaiting the bride and grooms arrival. They are all aunts, on the grooms side and each has their own story. 

The finials were created individually and then the matching post was then finished to go with the completed figure. All three sit on top if a multi-tiered wedding cake inscribed with "The pleasure of your company is requested. RSVP. ...and the guests assembled with their paint and plummage.

No comments:

Post a Comment